Monday 6 January 2014

Data Mining or How to create a myth



Data Mining or how to create a myth ©

By Michael Casey

I was on LinkedIn, just annoying folks when I read a piece about data mining. Basically everybody does it. Hotmail had a campaign saying they were whiter than white and Google were the nasty party. Funny how I get junk mails from USA when I’m in the UK, and yes they are from Hotmail, though it’s called Outlook nowadays.

When I was on FB  I shared a joke about mispronunciation with a friend, then he was swamped with ads regarding our joke. So Big Brother is everywhere, has anybody actually read the book 1984, I did at school nearly 40 years ago. The film version with Richard Burton is very good too.

Now we all know about the NSA being naughty, but betraying your own country is far naughtier. So I was wondering how to counter all this spying. I do have a mobile but I use it to listen to the radio in bed. The tabloids won’t catch me that way. Though I’m sure in the end I’ll have my 15mins of fame, or is it torture?
So let’s start some misinformation. Tomorrow 7th Jan 2014, a Tuesday, and every Tuesday I shall go bowling with Obama, just me and Obama, and 150 secret service. It’s one hell of a party and I have to teach Obama how to bowl. The secret service take bets on the side, and will buy Obama a new Jorg Gray watch if ever he beats me.

So if we feed this story into the Internet how long before it’s on MSN News, or Fox. I also play Monopoly with Joe Biden, after I finish beating Obama at bowling. We use the English Monopoly as its more fun. I have promised Joe a role in my next novel. Joe will get to visit Old Forge and Singing Anvil and the pub The Trader.

So if we feed this in with NSA, the SEO people will really love it. So how do myths start?  By bad reporting, and lazy reporting. Or is this an attempt at brazen self-publicity?  It’s copying exactly what 
politicians do.

See you all on the front page of the National Enquirer, or wrapped up in the chips.

No comments:

Lady Gaga and Me , but really about TRUMP

Saturday 3 February 2018 Lady Gaga and Me I had to get up in the night for an hour due to pain.  I've just read about Gaga  having to ca...