Monday 16 September 2013

The Postcards


The Postcard  ©

By Michael Casey

I got a postcard in the post today, it was pretty, as pretty as a picture postcard. It’s a tradition sending postcards back home to those you love, to your workmates to make them jealous. I suppose in future we’ll all send holographic cards, once 9G phones are the norm.

A postcard is a thing of love, from one member of the family to another. In England we have the saucy post card tradition. This is a postcard with a cartoon on it, brimming over with innuendo and lust. You can google it for yourself.
You can spend time finding the perfect card for each member of your family and for the boss. You can get away with murder sending a spicy and insolent card to the boss, it is a tradition after all. Some people collect the cards there were 1000s of designs, they did go out of fashion for a time but I think they are making a comeback. So have a google.

You get normal cards too, a picture of snow-capped mountains, of lakes and forests or castles floating in the air. Then there are beaches galore, meanwhile I’m here in Birmingham. I’m not jealous I finally had a holiday this year, we were in Malta.

Postcards are nice to receive, it’s nice that somebody was thinking of you. You prop them up by the tv and admire them for a week before you discard them. Though some people collect the cards that they have received. Its an old fashioned thing, that may die with the increases in postage stamps.

I imagine epostcards will be the next thing. For 10p you can scan a sample and upload it to your phone then you attach a text and away you go. There are some free ecards on the web already, silly ones for Christmas. You must have seen the dancing elves ones, you can even insert your own face.

The future beckons though, so all I need to do is partner up with an IT guy, I can dream up the idea and he can do the IT side. Holographic  ecards for all occasions. I did put forward an idea for an advert last week, which made me think it would be a nice line of work to be in. Postcards for Sales.


No comments:

Well Hong Kong carries on reading me, maybe because its free, and JAPAN too is having a look

Well Hong Kong carries on reading me, maybe because its free, and JAPAN too is having a look SO If you have a Phd and are beautiful, you can...