Wednesday 21 November 2012

Amazon reviews


NOVEMBER 21ST, 2012 16:42

Amazon Reviews

I just finished The Book Thief  and have The Shadow of The Wind lined up, as well as a bit of Macbeth. So I’m looking at reviews on Amazon and reading a few sample pages to help me choose what next to read. I noticed some of the reviewers had been given review copies. So how do I get on that list,  the review copy list. My girls are going through Michael Murpurgo and the Lemony Snicket books, we’ve just bought and built two bookcases. I’d love for all of us to read a lot more. The wife is Chinese and doesn’t read  books in English, apart from the Bible and that’s a bilingual version proped up against the phone to my right. The girls read the Bible too, in English, I’m an old Catholic so I have a tape recording of it in my head, 50+ years of attending Mass…
To the point though, just how could I get new books on tap, do I go to the pub and the barman pours me a pint of best seller, straight from the cellar. Now that could kill two birds with one stone. I don’t really visit pubs any more, I used to when I was a music and beer  fan, Folk and Jazz clubs…
Just imagine being plugged straight into Amazon, and if I didn’t like that week’s book I’d just hand it to the charity shop, I’m smiling at the very thought of it. Something is stiring within me, maybe I need to finish off writing  my 6th book, Tears For A Butcher. Having just finished The Book Thief this very morning I’ll be trying to capture the poetry when I write myself, though I have been told in the past that my writing is a bit poetic, or was it pathetic, I’ll have to have my ears cleaned again. Just in case any Amazon People read this I am Michael Casey  or michaelgcasey on my Id, ah well I live in hope, free books……

No comments:

Met a Lithuanian in shop with his daughter today. TRANSLATIONS here in Russian for him, he said he could read Russian

Russian Translations at end Thursday 6 January 2022 Hello Other, wherever that is Hello Other, wherever that is Could it be Putin, or the un...