Thursday 30 May 2013

Faces in the Stars


Faces in the Stars ©

By Michael Casey

I said I was listening to Vangelis to CS on FB, in reply she posted a video of his, the video was of starry starry night, followed by space images. Together it was a great video. As I watched and enjoyed the music I noticed something almost hidden amongst the stars. I could see faces.

I tend to do my writing between 10pm and later, much later, perhaps that’s why there are typos. But the faces were amongst the stars, at first I thought it was just because I was tired, then as the music played on I noticed more faces half hidden amongst the stars. We have the plough and the bear and other such things high in the sky amongst the stars, but in this video there were faces.

Imagine we are a chemistry experiment, and the gods are looking down at us, what will they see? Will they see a people striving for unity and the common good, or an experiment gone wrong and should be washed down the sink? Or are the faces in the stars our ancestors, are they the souls of our past looking down and urging us to do better? Could they be visitors from the other side of the universe wondering are we worth visiting? Are they ETs wondering whether they should have made that call? Are we just too primitive?

As darkness falls you can see shadows as they make faces on your bedroom wall, all manner of faces, and all manner of images. Our imagination sees things that might be, oh it looks like this, oh it looks like that. Just as photography can show us things from a different view, and can trick us until we have the full picture, so shadows on the wall do the same. They scare us when we are kids but they amuse us when we are big enough not to be scared.

I’m listening to Vangelis again its 18hours later,  I’m thinking of the faces in space, are they jealous of our small puny planet. Just think, lost sheep come home to view us and our planet, are we the only tv show in the whole wide universe? Did these faces amongst the stars lose their own home? Are they observing us, hoping that we don’t make their mistake, destroying the planet we all love?


No comments:

Today 12th May has been my Mother's 28th year in Heaven she died in 1996

Today 12th May has been my Mother's 28th year in Heaven she died in 1996 one of her friends is 99 now another died at 99 a third is in t...