Friday 29 March 2013

Just back from Good Friday Service


Just back from Good Friday Service©

By Michael Casey

Just back from Good Friday Service. We had the Shona choir there too. On Good Friday you go up and kiss Jesus's feet on the crucifix. When I got back  to my seat the Cantor-like singing finished and  the Shona choir kicked in. There is something very special about Shona singing, it goes straight to my heart and  brings tears to my eyes. It really is beyond words, as I watched the rest of the congregation  file up and kiss Jesus's feet all I could feel was raw emotion, was it musical Faith that was touching my heart and soul. I was being reminded just how Faith should be by these Shona singers. Afterwards you have communion, again we had more Shona singing  after the traditional  singing. Again their  Faith, their Shona Faith rocked me. It was not full force Shona singing as  it is Good Friday, I imagine the full force will be saved for Sunday, Easter Sunday. It was more than powerful enough for me today. I was reminded where my Faith is, and I could compare it to  the Shona, Lord grant me more Faith is all I can say.  We finished with a rousing traditional hymn. I'm looking forward to Easter Sunday, then more Faith, Hope and Love can wash over me. For Christ is Risen. Christos Aneste

No comments:

Lady Gaga and Me , but really about TRUMP

Saturday 3 February 2018 Lady Gaga and Me I had to get up in the night for an hour due to pain.  I've just read about Gaga  having to ca...