Tuesday 19 February 2013

The Butcher The Baker and The Undertaker


The Butcher The Baker and The Undertaker

You can now buy my books on Amazon Kindle


The Butcher The Baker and The Undertaker (c)                       a comedy drama

Essays and Plays (c)

MichaelCasey'sBlogs2011 (c)

Shoplife (c)                                                                                                      a hit comedy play

300 and Not OUT (c)                                   is my new collection of stories/blogs now on Amazon Kindle


http://michaelgcasey.wordpress.com/ is the new place to look for my blogs just click on it and it will show you my work.  I put stuff on FB to as well as my.telegraph.co.uk/michaelgcasey/


Tears For A Butcher my next book which I'm working on carries on the next day after Butcher Baker Undertaker finishes. I'm having lots of fun dreaming up this book. Now all I need is a few quid to support myself while I have a year off to write it.

DSCF4135
There is a very funny play called Shoplife which was called "sparkling,very real, great fun, hilarious, we could not stop reading it. We hope to produce it. Not this season but next."
It could have changed my life, 20years ago, now I'm older,wiser and fatter, and there is also the little matter of being married with children. A great big adventure in itself.


The novel takes place in Old Forge and Singing Anvil a mythical place near the home of the Industrial Revolution. Over 12 chapters the Tale grows, a poet who happens to be an Undertaker. A butcher who sings to the chops he is chopping. A publican who has a secret that dates back to WWII, but makes his pub the best in the region. A priest who gives a unique penance to one of his parishioners. The girl from the dog pound who finds true love when she picks up a stray. An Irish mother who Blackmails the Saints, IF they don't help her she'll never speak to them again. A back street cafe that would get 3 Michelin stars If only Michelin knew where they were, but lucky lorry drivers do know. And then there is a vital friendship between a corner shop owner and the street itself, Love binds them together.


I finish with a poem from Percy the Undertaker

The Dead and The Living (c)
by
Michael Casey
I first saw a deceased when I was nine years old ,my father said not
to worry as the dead are the same as the living , only the laughter
has left them , the sparkle has gone from their eyes , the worry has
been lifted from their shoulders , and their voice has vanished to
eternity .
In paradise the sparkle will return for it is the twinkle of the
stars , the laughter will return too for it is the morning breeze and
the turning tides are their sides shaking with laughter .
I treat the deceased with the same courtesy as I give to the living ,
though I find the deceased are always more polite . My father also
had a few words to say about the living .
He said that the living are only the caretakers of the soul , yet
they think their existence is everything , that they know everything
because they experience many things with their senses .
What the living don't acknowledge is that their time is short and
when I lay their bodies to rest then their souls continue without
them , without their strong , without their weak , without their
beautiful or even ugly temporary form , to where I cannot say , only
that it is a better place .
Percy the undertaker placed the lid on the coffin ,the soul was free

THE BEGINNING



Thats all , now make me an offer

Publishers/Producers required so get in touch.

CONTACT ME

Email michaelgcasey@hotmail.com with a good subject line


Let There Be Light ©

By Michael Casey


Let my tears be my words

Let the candle light be my eyes

Let the flowers in bloom be my lips

Let their scent be my blood

Let the wind be my breath

Let clouds be my mood

Let children’s laughter be my hope

Let widows’ sighs be my conscience

Let a stranger’s prayers be my delight

Let the bees be my wisdom

Let the trees be my strength

Let my patience reach to the stars

Let me be always remembered in your prayers

No comments:

Spend 8 million of my TAX money on the needy

Government offers free portraits of King Charles to churches, universities and hospitals as part of £8m scheme Churches, universities and ho...