Tuesday 14 August 2012


Shopping Trip©  by Michael Casey

We joined Costco today, you have it over there in USA I believe. We had our photos taken for the ID cards, I looked fat and silly.My wife looked fine, just fine. The store was very big, its near where we bought our Toyota a few years ago. Though the Toyota dealership is closed now. As we toured Costco we looked at the savings we could get. 1/2 price on some items.Though you'd have to be running a dinner or a small hotel to really buy the bulk items. If you buy once every couple of months then you can stock up. Toilet paper and deoderants, fresh orange juice from concentrate. Hugh big cakes not to mention whole sides of pig chopped into slices of bacon in hugh economy packs. If you ran a snack bar the perfect size for your business.Pepsi and Cola galore. I think we will enjoy our new shopping experience. A big beef hotdog with onions and a soda plus refill got about 2.5dollars, a bargain.

Now what does this say about me? I'm normal, I'm average, I like a bargain, as does the whole world, especially in these sad and bad economic times.

Now what if God was out shopping, would he buy the giant economy packs?Would he chose people to be his friends if they used the right soap and the nicest deodorant. Would he like people wearing the nicest clothes the latest fashions, would he prefer Chinese people or Black people,would he like the Irish instead of the Jews,would he like hot countries and vibarnt people such as Brazilians at Mardi Gras. Would God like Gucci clad people. Would God like people whoshop at Costco, or would he only like those who shop at Tiffanys.

Luckily I know my God.He's not upset if I have toothpaste stuck to my jumper, even if once it was a cashmere jumper. He doesn't care if there's too much stubble on my chin and if my hair's not combed and there's a stain on my trousers where I spilt my coffee and then dropped my pizza too. Makes me sound like a bit of a tramp. I'm not always perfect, far from perfect BUT I do know that my God does love and accept me, even on my slobby not going to work days. Yes I may go shopping for bargains and the store does accept all major credit cards. But luckily my Lord accepts the fools, the beggars, the thieves, the dirty the smelly, the very badly dressed and those with no fashion sense and those who think they DO have the best clothes of all. For to the Lord we All are like the Emporer and his New Clothes, we are all naked before him just as Adam and Eve were in the beginning, and luckily for us he accepts us just the way we are.
Remember that next time you are out shopping.


**my 5 books are on Amazon Kindle
www.michaelgcasey.wordpress.com & www.michaelgcasey.multiply.com

No comments:

THIS IS MY PERSONAL PENTECOST Michael Casey from Birmingham England

Message from an economist who knows about sharing bread Inbox Search for all messages with label Inbox Remove label Inbox from this conversa...