Monday 1 September 2014

Customer Service for Beginners


Customer Service for Beginners ©

By Michael Casey

Before I start I’ll ask you one question.
Why do we need customer service?
Answer:
We need customer service, GREAT customer service So that customers come back to us again and again.
BAD Customer Service means NO return customers.
Which in the end means WE ARE ALL OUT OF A JOB looking after great grandpa at home.
So please follow the ADVICE I’m sharing with you.
And before  you ask why should you listen to me, the answer to that is I’m paying you and I had the highest praise ever for my customer service when I worked at my previous job.
 I had maybe 100,000 customers,  I spoke to all of them.
Here’s the Advice, please commit it to memory so you know it as well as your favourite song.
1. Never say NO.
2. If a customer asks for black, and we don’t have it tell the customer what colours we DO have.
3. Then we don’t lose a sale
4.  Saying NO turns customers away and they look elsewhere.
5. So you ALWAYS tell them ALTERNATIVES, they can be  
  Persuaded, to make a PURCHASE, we have NOT lost a sale.
6. If you cannot give an answer for any reason, then tell the customer YOU WILL FIND OUT, Never say I don’t know.
7. Always be polite, especially with difficult customers, NEVER eat and drink while on the phone, they will think you are a PIG
8. Professionalism counts, so be professional, have a tidy desk and KNOW where to look on the computer, so you don’t APPEAR to be like a lost child.
9. Once you have an order ALWAYS REPEAT BACK to the customer what they have just ordered.
 Eg. So you say:- shirt size 10, pants size 12, and the COLOURS they want too, and the QUANTITIES. Most importantly their MAILING ADDRESS AND PHONE NUMBER
10. SO you have the order and ALL the details, what do you say before ending the CONVERSATION?
11. You say THANK YOU FOR YOUR ORDER PLEASE SHOP WITH  
      US AGAIN.
Never bad mouth customers as you hang up, because they WILL hear, and you should NEVER do it anyway.
12. ONE FINAL THING, BEFORE YOU HANG UP, Tell the customer we also have great offers on, whatever items there are offers on. AND tell them next week, or next month we will have more items. It would be EVEN BETTER if as you take their order you REMIND the customers about matching items etc.
13. Customer Service is all about giving the customer what they want, and if we don’t have it we offer ALTERNATIVES.
14. We wear makeup and nice clothes to attract a boy, and we  try and make him happy. OUR CUSTOMERS ARE THAT BOY.
15. If you are GOOD the customer tells 4 friends and we get more SALES.
16.If you are bad and lazy the customer tells 10 friends, and WE SUFFER and end up at home looking after great grandpa
SO SMILE EVEN WHEN ON THE PHONE AND ALWAYS GIVE GREAT 
CUSTOMER SERVICE, OFFER ALTERNATIVES ALWAYS
me during my 100,000 guest days

No comments:

Today 12th May has been my Mother's 28th year in Heaven she died in 1996

Today 12th May has been my Mother's 28th year in Heaven she died in 1996 one of her friends is 99 now another died at 99 a third is in t...