Friday 25 April 2014

Paper Book Writer

Paper Book Writer ©
By
Michael Casey

I closed my Linkedin  yesterday, I’ll be back there when I’ve got more to say. As luck would have it as one door closed another opened. Amazon sent me a mail about Paper Book Writing, sounds like a Paul McCartney song fest so far.

As you know I do have 7 books on Amazon Kindle already and I had been sharing my gems with folks on Linkedin. So what Amazon offered is of interest to me, no fee setup for print on demand. Basically you upload your book and they do the rest. Its print on demand, no pile of books waiting to be remaindered, or sent to book heaven at the Works.

You can get your fingers burnt if you go the self-publish route, Amazon’s way you just collect the rewards, assuming folks like your book. Modern printing technology means Amazon can print what’s ordered and away you go. Their story is about a meter reader who has also sold a few thousand books, and no his name is not Rita, but I’m sure he’s lovely.

I mentioned this to my girls, so I said they could do the front covers, that was last night. This morning they descended to breakfast with A3 artists’ pads already with their designs. Now that is both touching, and wonderful. I had to get them to take their pads off the breakfast coffee table we use, or eggs and margarine stains would have been all over their designs.

Small daughter did The Butcher The Baker and The Undertaker design, and big sister did 300 and Not OUT cover design.  I was really pleased with the results. They may only be 10 and 12 but their art skills are already fantastic. If Paul McCartney wants a cover design for his next album please get in touch.

I had to explain that our scanner only went up to A4, so the girls wiped away the egg and margarine from their faces, then reduced their designs to A4 on fresh paper. This was an intense period of creativity, so while the girls sustained themselves with the last of the Easter eggs, mum was talking to grannie in Shanghai, and I was entering the book details on Amazon’s  Create Space.

One book is 616 pages in pdf and the other is 400 odd pages, so once they are all uploaded in a day or so you can all see the girls’ artistic designs. If you remember the Tom Sharpe book covers then their designs are similar to that.

There are 5 other books that I could upload, so let’s see how my big ones go down first. 1000 pages of me may be enough to start with, there are maybe 1100 more pages of my stuff, my writing.
So this has been the Casey family activity for today, Arthur hasn’t been too bad today either, Arthur is the name I give to my arthritis. After today  I’ll just say Arthur, and assume you all know what I’m talking about.

I will try and add my girls’ designs to the end of this post, so you know what you are all looking for on Amazon. Then I’ll really be a paperback writer.

https://www.createspace.com/pub/simplesitesearch.search.do?sitesearch_query=+mr+michael+g+casey&sitesearch_type=STORE

to buy my print books on Paper




No comments:

A Korean in BIRMINGHAM travelling. something to read for you books of mine in Korean

Humour Writing by the fat silver haired writer in shades from Birmingham England read in 162 countries so far https://www.amazon.co.uk/Micha...