Saturday 3 April 2010

General Election in UK coming soon

I have a dream we had honest politicians
 I had a dream only our elected representatives run the country
 I had a dream people got selected because of worth
 Not selected because of earth, how many acres they own 
Not selected because of their dad knowing somebody else's dad
I had a dream that Class Warfare was in the dustbin of history
 I had a dream where people voted for the best man or woman 
NOT a parachuted in friend of a friend
 Not a woman because she was a woman
 But a candidate who was the best person for the job
 Not a media savy nobody who was sucking up to a somebody
 I had a dream that we the voters gave two fingers to the Political Class
 I had a dream that we voted in somebody just like us, 
Somebody just like our mum and dad or our uncle or our best mate
Just Somebody we could trust, somebody who would push the car in Winter, somebody who'd buy us a drink in the pub and not expect any in return.
I had a dream that we all looked in the mirror and voted for somebody just like us

Well that's my take on the Election Campaign here in England, you can read the newspapers on the internet www.telegraph.co.uk is what I'd recommend.
But there's lots of choice, bbc.co.uk/news  and skynews.com are good .

As for me a long time ago I wrote a comedy version of an election. Its chapter8 and chapter9 in my comedy book The Butcher The Baker and The Undertaker I'll attach those 2 chapters so you can read it for yourself, and if you like it the entire book is attached too.

me in my best politician look, 
or do I look like a doorman?

No comments:

Lady Gaga and Me , but really about TRUMP

Saturday 3 February 2018 Lady Gaga and Me I had to get up in the night for an hour due to pain.  I've just read about Gaga  having to ca...