Saturday 16 January 2010

The Dead and The Living

The Dead and The Living (c)

                           by
          
                     Michael  Casey


     I first saw a deceased when I was nine years old ,my father said  not
 
     to worry as the dead are the same as the living ,  only the  laughter
 
     has left them ,  the sparkle has gone from their eyes , the worry has
 
     been lifted from their shoulders ,  and their voice has vanished  to
 
     eternity .

     In  paradise the sparkle will return for it is the  twinkle  of  the
 
     stars , the laughter will return too for it is the morning breeze and
 
     the turning tides are their sides shaking with laughter .
    
     I treat the deceased with the same courtesy as I give to the living ,
 
     though I find the deceased are always more polite .  My father  also
 
     had a few words to say about the living .

     He said that the living are only the caretakers of the  soul  ,  yet
 
     they think their existence is everything , that they know everything
 
      because they experience many things with their senses .

      What the living don't acknowledge is that their time is  short  and
 
      when I lay their bodies to rest then their souls  continue  without
 
      them ,  without their strong ,  without their weak ,  without  their
 
      beautiful or even ugly temporary form , to where I cannot say , only
 
      that it is a better place .
 
      Percy the undertaker placed the lid on the coffin ,the soul was free


                         

                                       THE  BEGINNING


 

No comments:

It's me Michaelgcasey@hotmail.com the fat silver haired writer in shades from Birmingham England

 this might explain to you all It's me Michaelgcasey@hotmail.com the fat silver haired writer in shades from Birmingham England I decide...