Saturday 30 April 2011

Simplicity is Best

Simplicity is Best ©

By

Michael Casey

A year later, I'm making a modest living using English.
I still want my books published and my plays on the stage.
I still blog 2 or 3 times a week on www.michaelgcasey.multiply.com and I blog on MyTelegraph too.
I notice that some people on the Internet like using big words where small ones will do.
Yes I know its to prove they are not inarticulate, but changing gears all the time is boring, if you are in top gear on an open stretch of the road there is no need to rev. Enjoy the ride as Top Gear might say.
Boy racers they rev all the time, they have spoilers on their cars, they have huge exhausts that frightens horses and children in the street.
There is beauty in words, things can be left understated, there's no need to prove you have a thesaurus and that you can spell thesaurus, just let the simple words speak for themselves, and no I don't say this because we don't have a dictionary in our house.
People are herded along by those who speak better, who con them with words, stop and think for yourself, don’t trust anybody’s words, only trust your own words.  The snow blindness of words is a terrible thing, call a spade a spade and trust nobody as Mulder used to say.





No comments:

Lady Gaga and Me , but really about TRUMP

Saturday 3 February 2018 Lady Gaga and Me I had to get up in the night for an hour due to pain.  I've just read about Gaga  having to ca...